8 DANGEROUS HABITS THAT CAN DAMAGE YOUR LIVER AND GIVE YOU LIVER CANCER.
The liver is one of the most vital organs of the body and it’s unwise to toy with it.
It plays a crucial role in numerous physiological processes including digestion, metabolism and blood detoxification.
Take proper care of your live’r to avoid liv’er issues. Diseases of the liv’er are deadly and whoever has it should seek medical attention immediately.
The liver is a very difficult organ to replace. Not very many surgeons know how to do it that is why it is advisable to care for your live’r so you don’t find yourself needing a transplant anytime.
Live’r fitness is something that we often overlook when we have to compromise with our lifestyle and food habits.Since the liv’er plays a role In detoxifying your body, anything that reaches inside your body will have an effect on live’r health. Generally liv’er damage will not be presented all of a sudden.
It will proceed gradually and the symptoms will be presented only in the later stages of the damage. Usually, it will become too late by the time you diagnose a liv’er disease.
There are some ways to keep your liv’er healthy. Always follow a healthy and balanced diet and get regular exercise. Keep an eye on your body weight. Excess alcohol consumption can damage your live’r cells leading to a condition called live’r cirrhosis. Some medicines and toxins can also hurt your liv’er. Avoid cigarette smoking and try to get sound sleep daily.
Bad habits can affect the ability of the liv’er to repair itself. Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, etc. are the common symptoms of live’r damage.Here are some habits that can damage your li’ver.
Dangerous habits that can damage your liver are:
1. Alcoholism: Excess alcohol intake reduces the ability of the liv’er to remove toxins from the body. It will make the li’ver to focus mainly on converting alcohol to a less toxic form and will lead to inflammation and fatty liver disease.
2. Over Medication: Consumption of drugs in excess can gradually harm your liv’er and will lead to severe liv’er failure. High doses of acetaminophen, which is commonly available without prescription can cause live’r damage when taken continuously for several days.
3. Smoking: The chemicals present in cigarette reach the li’ver and cause oxidative stress producing free radicals that damage liver cells. It will also cause fibrosis, a process in which the liv’er develops excess scar-like tissues.
4. Unhealthy Diet: Avoid fatty foods and include fruits and vegetables in your diet. They are a good source of beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and selenium, which keep your liv’er healthy. Processed foods contain additives and artificial sweeteners.
5. Sleeplessness: Our body usually goes into a repair and detoxification mode when we are sleeping. Lack of sleep can cause oxidative stress to the live’r. So try to get sound sleep of minimum eight hours a day.
6. Obesity And Poor Nutrition: Your eating habits can affect your liv’er health directly. Eating too many wrong foods causes fats to build up in the liver. Accumulation of fats can lead to inflammation and live’r damage.
7. Overdose Of Nutritional Supplements: Even nutritional supplements and certain herbs are harmful for the liv’er in excess amount. An overdose of vitamin A can lead to total damage.
8. Not Taking Vaccination: Hepatitis is one of the major diseases that affects it. If you are not taking vaccination for Hepatitis, you are risking the health of that vital organ
These dangerous habits can slow down the organ’s functionality. Avoid them.